Once you have learnt to dive, Supercat Charters can provide further dive courses right up to instructor.
A specialty course can offer you a new outlook on your sport. Supercat Charters offers one of the most extensive selections of special interest programs available in South East Queensland. Our highly trained and experienced instructors can help you achieve the knowledge and skills to venture into new territory or discover new areas of diving.
These skills are developed through lectures with an experienced instructor who can then take you diving to experience the new challenges first hand. With this knowledge and experience you can then get the most from whatever area of diving you are most interested in.
To book your course, complete the Course Booking Form and email the completed form to the address on the form. You will then receive an online code for your online theory & manual. Once your theory is completed you may book your dives on SUPERCAT.
Advanced Adventurer Course
Completing your Openwater Course is only the first step in being a confident and successful diver.
If you wish to do more advanced sites and dive to 30 metres you need this certification.
The Advanced Adventurer Course introduces you to the world of Specialty Diving while enabling you to gain important diving skills. No exam is required for this course.
Dives conducted with your Instructor on this course
- Natural Navigation
- Compass Navigation (learn to get back to the boat).
Then a choice of (depending on the sites of the day)
- Wreck Diving
- Marine awareness
- Boat skills
- Search & Recovery
Cost: $469.00 SPECIAL
Hire equipment: $80.00 for a set for the course.
Lectures: Done as online self study.
Diving: Choose two trips on our 22 metre vessel SUPERCAT
Course includes online theory & manual, Instructor, certification, 2 day trips on SUPERCAT with tanks, weights, great smorgasbord lunch and 5 boat dives.
Required items for Advanced Course:
Must have: Safety sausage, Dive Knife, Slate.
Recommended: Reel - the staff can show you how to do safety stops using your reel and safety sausage.
The minimum level you should attain in diving education; the course EVERY diver should do!
Our course is 4 days contact with your Instructor in real ocean conditions from the SUPERCAT vessel.
- SSI Online study & manual.
- Confined Water Rescue Scenarios/Self Rescue Skills (depending on our schedule this may be done on a Dolphin Wild Eco Tour at no extra charge).
- 2 x Sunday Day Trips on our vessel, 22 metre SUPERCAT.
Boat diving is an important component of our Rescue course. 95% of our diving is from boats, so it makes sense to learn Rescue skills and scenarios from the deck of a working dive vessel. Whilst onboard SUPERCAT students will also be given the chance to familiarize themselves with radios, tenders, first aid and Oxygen kits.
Includes certification, online study & manual, confined water training, 2 day trips on SUPERCAT, buffet lunch on the vessel, tanks and weights.
Please note: Candidates must have a current First Aid Certificate to be certified.
Divemaster Course on SUPERCAT
Looking for a Sea change?
The Supercat Charters Divemaster Course is Brisbane's most unique & best introduction to working within the dive Industry. Candidates of our course are guaranteed real dive industry experience and training on our 22 metre vessel SUPERCAT All diving on SUPERCAT is FREE and included in your course price – you will not have to pay extra to get dives logged for your certification.
Our Divemaster Course includes:
- All our ocean diving is conducted on our dive vessel SUPERCAT (Brisbane's largest day dive vessel). This means the candidates work with real customers and students and gain the necessary experience required within the dive Industry. No other Divemaster course in Brisbane gives candidates the opportunity to do as many dives included in their course.
- Eco Tours – SUPERCAT also operates Dolphin Wild Eco Tours which incorporates whale, dolphin, dugong, turtle experiences and eco & snorkeling tours. Candidates will also get the opportunity to train on these trips.
- Mentoring (assisting) with our Senior Staff on all dive courses including Advanced, Rescue & Specialty Courses, Recreational dive trips, Snorkelers, School Programs etc.
- SUPERCAT is the only day boat with onboard compressors, so candidates will also get the opportunity to learn about these in your course.
- As we own our own vessel, candidates are given the opportunity to learn deck hand Skills, rescue boat usage, marine radios etc. Work aboard our vessel can also be logged for Sea Time in your Department of Transport Record Book if you wish to further your career towards being the Master of a vessel.
- Candidate will be required to pay for their own membership to SSI at the successful completion of the course.
Supercat Charters is always looking for in-house trained Divemasters to work on our vessel.
Cost: $999 Divemaster Course + $499.00 manual pack
Course Itinerary: Start your course immediately
The Core lectures are done online. Our Divemaster Course is primarily "hands-on" so working on the vessel will start immediately. Candidates working on weekends only, normally finish the course within 3 months, but this can be done in a shorter period if you participate more intensively.
PREREQUISITES: Please note we can organize these for you if you do not have them.
- Rescue Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Oxygen Resuscitation Certification
If you have not been diving for 6 months or feel a little rusty, a refresher course is a very sensible idea. Your refresher course will increase your confidence before jumping into the DEEP END!
Join us on Brisbane's largest & most comfortable day boat SUPERCAT for 1 days diving with any equipment you need, staff to help you, 2 dives, buffet lunch and diving coral reefs or wrecks. Better than a pool!!!!
Bookings can be made by phone using a credit card. Please note credit cards incur a 2% transaction fee. We MUST receive payment in full to confirm your place before the course commences.
Note that all diving is conducted on our 22 metre vessel SUPERCAT. Courses include lectures, Instructional dives and Certification.
Please call us for the next course date or send us an email.
Please note our cancellation policy which applies to all courses. No refunds of any kind will be given for any unused portion of a course. If any dive is missed, then it is gone and a makeup trip will be required for certification.